Friday, November 18, 2005

Why Won't You Just Stop Nominating Me?

Why am I cursed with being the guy people always try to nominate for officer positions in clubs even when I have no interest in doing it?

Last night was the Chemii Thanksgiving Bash and yes, if that sounds like an event where a bunch of nerdy chemists get together to talk molecules and eat turkey, then you're right. Anyway, they were nominating officers and all of a sudden the girl in front of me turns around and says, "Hey, what's your name? I want to nominate you." Can you believe that? Why would she want to nominate someone she doesn't even know? Why must I be so likeable, popular, and an all around great guy?

The same thing happened with Lambda Sigma. There was this guy in front of me and I don't know how he knew my name but before I knew it he was nominating me for secretary. What are these people thinking? Do I have a sign on me that says "Please Nominate" or am I really just that awesome? Oh well, maybe I'll never know.

Live and learn, and then get Luvs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails