Saturday, July 30, 2005

The Truth About Me and D.C., See?

Today is both my birthday and the last day of my internship downtown. They're taking me to lunch today for a goodbye/birthday meal and after that I'll start packing up my stuff and then head out for good.

I had a lot of great times. I know that I've shared some of them with you. Michael Douglas was a recent one. The mutant food court. These were the highlights, but they were not the norm. A lot of the days I didn't see famous celebrities and a lot of the days I went to Potbelly's instead of the food court I've spoken so fondly of. I think that unknowingly, maybe even unconsciously, I've been leading you on; I've been making you think my job has been something it isn't. For that, I'm really sorry and I hope we can still be good friends. It's only fair that I let you see what it was like on the days when there wasn't a bomb threat, and the guy on the corner by Farragut Park didn't have a sign that contained a clever, hobo quip aimed at George W. Bush that involved him being either a necromancer or a wolfman.

It's only fair that you know the truth--to know what it was really like.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails