Monday, September 05, 2005

The Eighth Plague Grandmaster

There are people outside my dorm room window sword fighting with foam weapons. One kid’s got a hockey stick, and while you’d think that would be unfair, it’s really not because everyone else has ganged up on him.

I’ve been playing a lot of chess lately. It’s computer chess. It comes with the Mac OS X operating system. It’s funny, Windows machines come with solitaire and other brainless games like pinball, but Apples come equipped with chess and chess alone. I really wish I could assert a correlation between the games that come with the operating system and the intelligence of those who use them but I can’t because I’ve met Roger Ebbs. Anyway, I’ve been playing a lot of chess lately and I’m really good at it. What usually happens is that I make a move, the computer takes my piece and I press the “undo” button so I can try another move. I keep doing this until I find a move that doesn’t allow the computer to take my piece and then go through the process again for my next move. Needless to say, I win a lot. I think I might graduate to playing biological organisms after a few more rounds of computer opponents. Maybe locusts. I think locusts would be the best insect chess players mostly due to the fact that they kicked so much ass in the Bible.

Anyway, that’s all I have to say for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails