Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hemlines of the Day

The sleeves on my white coat are too long.

I think that really sums things up well. The process of becoming a doctor is a process of growth--in terms knowledge and in terms of self, and I don't quite fit just yet. The woman at the bookstore was nice about it though, and she didn't laugh even once.

I have an apartment now too. Right now it's a lot like my white coat. It's a little big on me, it's yet to be embroidered or personalized, and I can't actually be in it until after orientation and they've sewed the school patch on the sleeve. But they're both essentially mine nonetheless.

I also found a sweet shortcut to the medical campus that bypasses the highway completely. It's a scenic little bridge that traverses the Schuylkill, and which utterly negates the need to sit in traffic. What could be better?

Yep. Things are really moving along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails