Friday, July 18, 2008

The Power of Shopping

So....I got into medical school.

Yeah, it's awkward, I know.

I don't know much about fate or divine intervention. Furthermore, as a dude, I've lived my life completely oblivious to the Power of Shopping. I capitalize, embolden and italicize the term because this is the highest honor one can bestow upon something on the Internet. I firmly believe that it was the PoS that brought me the joy of an acceptance. Let me divulge:

On Monday, July 14th I walked into JCPenney in Butler, Pennsylvania and purchased two ties for an upcoming job "meeting." Everybody said it was going to be an interview, but the lab director said meeting, so it turns out I was right and they were all wrong. The ties were quite nice, nothing over the top, and I paid the clerk $3.16 TOTAL.

This should have been my first clue. The ties themselves were 95% off, and therefore, before tax, $1.58 each. The ties were trying to tell me something, but I was too naive to notice it. Well it turns out, I was accepted on July 16th--sixteen being the amount of cents I paid for my two ties. What's more, July is the seventh month, and taking the remaining numbers from my tie shopping and doing a little "24 Game" mathematics, we find that [[(8 - 5) - 3] + 1] * [9 - [(5 - 4) + 1]] = 7.

Amazingly simple, yes.

So the moral is, I should have known I was going to get accepted to medical school, but limitations set forth by my gender held me back from becoming enlightened to the fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails