Tuesday, August 16, 2005

He's Packin' Heat

I am currently accessing the internet by piggybacking on the people next door's wireless connection. I feel like a spy. I haven't updated in a while because the beach happened and that is where I am now. Not much happening around here so this entry won't be too long.

Oh, before I left for the ol' seashore I went to this restaurant near my house to get carry-out. While I was waiting, this guy came in and he had this big-ass handgun on his hip and he was carrying two extra clips with him too. Can you believe that? It was so crazy. There was a waitress hanging out in the area where I was waiting because the people she was waiting on were jackasses and she didn't want to go back over there and so she saw him too. She gave me the "am I seeing what I think I'm seeing?" look which involves her eyes getting really large and her mouth sort of dropping open as well. You have to be careful not to confuse this look with the "holy shit, your dick is gigantic!" look, but I was able to successfully decipher it and realize which it was. I returned her look with the male response which is a small smirk and the quick and somewhat quiet pushing of air out of your nostrils while nodding your head in a yes motion in order to confirm her suspicions. I also added a wink somewhere in the whole thing just to mix it up a little.

It then dawned on me that I live in Virginia. Well, if you live where I live you wouldn't ever admit that. People in my area are always careful about how they describe where they live. It's never "Virginia." Sometimes it's "Northern Virginia" but most of the time it's "Washington, D.C. area" or just "Washington, D.C.".

It's funny, I live in the only county in Virginia that has ever gone to a Democrat in any major election. This, and the other things I experience on an everyday basis only help to solidify my belief that Northern Virginia needs to take a really big saw and cut itself off from the rest of the state.

Anyways, tomorrow I will most likely swim in the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails